CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Teaching Style

I believe in an active, hands-on learning. However, I do believe worksheets also need to be used in order to retain information. Young children need to explore their environment. Since every child is a different type of learner (tactile, auditorial, visual, musical, etc,). Concepts need to be taught in several different ways to reach all children. Learning must be fun in order for new knowledge to be retained. Students need to feel safe and comfortable in order to experiment with new learning situations, to test their hypotheses, and to gain confidence in their abilities. In order to accomplish all of this; structure is necessary and is taught inside my classroom. My goal is for each child to gain a love for learning that will last a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment